I've finally clawed my way out of the pile of work I was snowed under the past couple of months, and while I was missing in action from the social scene, I was also technically MIA from the professional scene.
Even during work I disconnect from my colleagues who try their best not to get in my way. Yes I'm THAT bitter person who looks down on people who leave work during daylight hours and enjoy another life outside work.
It's when you are at your busiest that you want to be left alone, so that you can get on with work, so that you can meet demanding deadlines, so that you can get back home in time for bed.
If people around me cannot stand me during this phase, believe me when I tell you that I cannot stand me even more.
And while I'm heading towards social suicide, I try to advance my career so that I can have something, anything, to fall back on the day I find myself alone. And since my career is the one thing that is completely in my hands, I find it hard to simply let go.
Until then, my family and friends will continue to try and save me from myself. And I sincerely hope they succeed. Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment