Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Decency: A Codename For Discretion


For such a smart girl, you can be really stupid.

This is something I hear often from the women in my family.They compare me to girls that have managed to either charm or trap men into marrying them, both methods being completely effective and acceptable it seems.

These women wonder why a girl like me, who works in a place full of eligible and influential men, has not managed to get one of their mothers to call up my mother and pay the long awaited visit to my house.

This expectation goes against one solid principle that my upbringing was based on; Decency. But I think that somewhere along the way, decency got confused and replaced with discretion because it's discretion that these women want you to implicitly learn and master. Decency is just a cover.

So tell me o' wise one, how do you expect me to find someone, and then tie a big ribbon around it and pass the whole charade off as "na9eeb"?

Nobody has a non-divine answer to this, or that's what they tell me. Sure I have a couple of theories but I dont want to assume the worst in my fellow sisters. I am curious to know the secret though. I might even learn a few moves, if not for my sake then at least for the sake of the women I have shamingly disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment